“The Anxiety and Depression Hiding Within: How to Recognize and Treat Latent Co-occurring Conditions” [Video Replay & Podcast #143]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your electronic mail deal with underneath to watch the video replay and download the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude by way of email.
A note about this webinar: This webinar is a part of a series designed for ADHD clinicians. Although all are welcome to view the replay, non-clinicians would possibly want to notify the pros with whom they paintings of this opportunity and proportion the audio and slide fabrics.
ADHD doesn’t shuttle by myself. The overwhelming majority of patients with ADHD even have a co-occurring situation like anxiety, depression, or a finding out incapacity. Many times, those overlapping prerequisites require their very own analysis and distinctive treatment plan. Yet many docs and clinicians assume that anxiety or depression are side effects of ADHD or they fail to perform ADHD assessments on sufferers already diagnosed with anxiety or depression. These disasters lead to useless remedy plans and long-term health risks.
Listen and be told from Roberto Olivardia, Ph.D., about:
- How to correctly display for co-occurring anxiety and depression in patients with ADHD
- How to recognize the crimson flags of an undiagnosed overlapping condition
- The signs of depression and anxiety disorders, and how to distinguish them from ADHD
- How depression or anxiety impacts ADHD signs
- How ADHD can in fact lead to, or impact, depression and anxiety
- How medication can inform a doctor and a affected person that the prognosis is unsuitable
- How to devise a treatment plan when ADHD exists alongside anxiety or depression
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your electronic mail deal with in the box above labeled “Video Replay + Slide Access” to watch the video replay (closed captions available) and download the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to concentrate to this episode without delay on your browser, click the symbol to download to listen later, or open to your podcasts app:Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
More on ADHD Comorbidities
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Dr. Roberto Olivardia is a scientific psychologist and lecturer in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. He maintains a personal psychotherapy follow in Lexington, Massachusetts, where he makes a speciality of the remedy of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) and Eating Disorders. He has spoken on a lot of webinars and items at many talks and conferences across the country. He lately serves at the Scientific Advisory Board for ADDitude, in addition to the Professional Advisory Boards for Children and Adults with ADHD (CHADD), the Attention Deficit Disorder Association (ADDA) and the National Association for Males with Eating Disorders. He may be a member of the ADDitude ADHD Medical Review Panel and a paid guide for Understood.org.| See expert’s full bio »
- “Thank you in your time! Helpful and fascinating – feels like many people were given other useful knowledge from today’s webinar.”
- “Amazing paintings! Great skilled speakers/lectures! Thank you so much for providing those webinars.”
- “Thank you such a lot for tying ADHD and depression in combination and explaining one of the explicit possibility components, comorbidity, and several types of remedy.”
- “Fantastic Presentation By Dr. Roberto Olivardia, Ph.D.!
He ALWAYS gives an AMAZING coaching consultation each and every time! Thank you such a lot.”
The sponsor of this week’s ADDitude webinar is….
NEBA®: NEBA® is the one FDA cleared test that helps a clinician diagnose ADHD with accuracy nearing that of a staff of docs. NEBA is helping clinicians catch instances that look like ADHD however are one thing else. nebahealth.com/
ADDitude thank you our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker variety or webinar content.
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e-mail address below to watch the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude by means of electronic mail.