“Navigating the Life Stages of ADHD: Key Concerns in Diagnosing and Treating Adolescents” [Video Replay & Podcast #321]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your electronic mail address beneath to look at the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get methods from ADDitude by the use of electronic mail.
(Part 2 of a Three-Part Series on Managing ADHD Across the Lifespan)
Adolescents face many challenges (and thrilling new studies) as they transition into adulthood — a passage that is steadily tougher for youth with consideration deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Separation and individuation from their families, control of their academic and occupational endeavors, and prison independence is also extra problematic for teens diagnosed with ADHD. Moreover, unhealthy interpersonal interactions, mood disorders, anxiety, and substance use issues may additionally floor all through those years.
The good news is that preventive training, a correct analysis that incorporates analysis for comorbid stipulations like depression and anxiety, and the identity of “pressure points” will ease the transition for teens and set them up for a successful launch into adulthood.
Listen and learn from Timothy Wilens, M.D., about:
- Strategies for diagnosing and working with younger other people with ADHD
- How to identify and manage “stress issues”
- How to assist teens with ADHD organize medications, including secure storage and suitable use of stimulants
- The significance of preventive drugs in ADHD and ways to lend a hand teens with ADHD to really feel and be at their very best
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your e-mail cope with in the field above classified “Video Replay + Slide Access” to look at the video replay (closed captions to be had) and obtain the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to hear this episode at once in your browser, click on the image to download to concentrate later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on ADHD and Teens from Dr. Wilens
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on August 26, 2020, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may acquire a certificate of attendance possibility (price: $10). Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credit. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Dr. Timothy E. Wilens is the Chief of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, and (Co) Director of the Center for Addiction Medicine at the Massachusetts General Hospital. He is a Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Wilens specializes in the prognosis and remedy of ADHD, substance use disorders, and bipolar disorder. Widely printed, Dr. Wilens has greater than 350 authentic articles, critiques, chapters, books and editorials to his credit score. Dr. Wilens is a consultant to the National Football League, Major/Minor League Baseball, Bay Cove Human Services and Gavin House and is continually named one of the Best Doctors in Boston and in America for psychiatry. | See expert’s full bio »
- “An superb webinar. Very just right teacher, he in reality is aware of what he’s speaking about.”
- “Very nice presentation of outcome knowledge — vital for folks who cringe at treatment with drugs.”
- “This was nice! Very clear however not rigid, sophisticated subjects in consumer pleasant language, simple to observe.”
- “Another very good speaker… very useful knowledge and tips for the mum or dad.”
- “Wonderful data, slide and presentation! Thank you such a lot. I’m excited to share this with others.”
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your email address below to watch the video replay and download the slide presentation, plus get methods from ADDitude by the use of electronic mail.