“ADHD in Older Adults: From Late Diagnosis to Treatment Strategies” [Video Replay & Podcast #331]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e mail deal with underneath to watch the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude by way of electronic mail.
ADHD in kids is the most highly researched disorder in the sector, however we all know reasonably little about how ADHD affects adults — and virtually nothing about its presentations and challenges for older adults. Not see you later in the past, we concept that people outgrew ADHD; even as of late, many professionals consider that ADHD is a minor factor for older adults. Statistics tell a different tale.
Accurate diagnosis and treatment for older adults is important, yet few psychiatrists, neurologists, and psychologists are skilled adequately in mid-life or late-life ADHD. As a outcome, there is a strong risk that never-diagnosed ADHD in older adults will probably be mistaken for early indicators of dementia.
Listen and be told from Kathleen Nadeau, Ph.D., about:
- How to distinguish ADHD from delicate cognitive decline in older adults
- The struggles and advantages of a late ADHD diagnosis
- Key issues when treating older adults with drugs and psychotherapy
- The number one life challenges of older adults with ADHD
- The other demanding situations men and women with ADHD face in their later years
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your electronic mail cope with in the field above classified “Video Replay + Slide Access” to watch the video replay (closed captions to be had) and download the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button beneath to pay attention to this episode immediately in your browser, click on the image to download to pay attention later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on ADHD in Adults from Dr. Nadaeu
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the are living webinar on November 5, 2020, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, chances are you'll purchase a certificate of attendance choice (value: $10). Note: ADDitude does now not offer CEU credit. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Kathleen Nadeau, Ph.D., is the founder and clinical director of The Chesapeake Center – ADHD Learning and Behavioral Health in Bethesda, Maryland, one of the vital biggest non-public ADHD strong point clinics in the United States. She is the recipient of the CHADD Hall of Fame Award for her work in collaboration with Patricia Quinn, MD on girls and women with ADHD. She is the writer of over a dozen books on ADHD and is a widespread lecturer nationally and internationally. Her upcoming e-book is Still Distracted After All These Years. | See expert’s full bio »
- “As a seventy eight yr outdated lady diagnosed with ADHD while making an attempt to do a Master’s in Art Education, lately’s presentation used to be very insightful and helpful.”
- “Thank you so very a lot, I believe a little brighter after your webcast. I'm by no means on my own.”
- “This used to be so putting forward and valuable. I would love to see a practice up webinar with Dr. Nadeau to resolution more questions.”
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e mail cope with under to watch the video replay and download the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude via e-mail.