“Game-Changing Strategies for Raising Teen Boys with ADHD” [Video Replay & Podcast #302]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e mail cope with beneath to look at the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude by the use of e-mail.
Teen boys with ADHD have a difficult street to shuttle as they tackle extra categories, more difficult assignments, an increasingly more complicated social setting, and a hastily converting body. One in their biggest developmental duties is to separate from oldsters. Ironically, they are going to want your wisdom, continued fortify, and encouragement to accomplish this independence.
To start, oldsters should understand the neurobiological have an effect on of ADHD on a teen’s behaviors. For example, boys’ rising testosterone ranges increase risk-taking behaviors, and their prime rate of co-existing disorders will increase challenges in school and home. Hyperactivity steadily improves as a boy matures, however he continues to lag in the back of peers cognitively and socially. Many a hit adults with ADHD document that the most important factor in achieving independence is the reinforce of a person who by no means gave up on them. The excellent information is that you'll be that individual for your son.
Listen and be told from Mary Anne Richey, M.Ed., about tips on how to:
- Set lifelike expectancies for your son in different spaces of his lifestyles – house, school, neighborhood
- Identify what he “can’t” do for himself and what he “gained’t” do for himself, and put into effect enhance strategies the place wanted
- Focus to your son’s strengths whilst shoring up weaknesses that may keep him from using the ones strengths
- Help him work out what is helping him be triumphant and how one can suggest for his needs
- Use confirmed learn how to encourage motivation to modify behavior, together with involving him in planning for trade, environment manageable targets with rapid rewards or consequences, and keeping a record of his successes
- Set the suitable instance by way of showing excellent behavioral control, recognize for others, problem-solving abilities, and the ability to get well from setbacks.
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your email deal with within the box above categorized “Video Replay + Slide Access” to watch the video replay (closed captions available) and obtain the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button underneath to listen to this episode immediately in your browser, click on the symbol to download to concentrate later, or open to your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the reside webinar on April 28, 2020, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you will get a certificate of attendance choice. Note: ADDitude does not be offering CEU credit. Click here to get the certificate of attendance option »
More on Teens and ADHD
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Mary Anne Richey, M.Ed., is a Licensed School Psychologist in personal practice in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, with a unique hobby in ADHD. She has a variety of public school revel in ranging from teaching to management in basic, middle, and high school settings. She was decided on Florida School Psychologist of the Year for 2012. She has spoken at nationwide and international meetings on ADHD, government functioning difficulties, and studying disabilities and has co-authored 4 books on ADHD, together with Raising Boys with ADHD and The ADHD Empowerment Guide, each revealed by Prufrock Press. | See expert’s full bio »
As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a fee from qualifying purchases made through ADDitude readers at the affiliate links we percentage.
- “Thoughtful and patient recommendation. Thank you!”
- “This used to be absolutely terrific information and reaffirmed my wish to be patient. I will rewatch.”
- “Mary Anne provides practical and usable methods.”
- “Things were concisely and obviously communicated. Our son is Thirteen and your pointers will be helpful.”
- “Everything that was once discussed lately is relevant for what we are going through and I appreciate the perception and options.”
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e mail cope with below to watch the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude by way of electronic mail.