Free Webinar Replay: ADHD Over 50: Old Age, ADHD, or Something Else?
Play this free webinar and download the slide presentation of "ADHD Over 50: Old Age, ADHD, or Something Else?" plus get extra methods from ADDitude by way of e-mail.
A notice about this webinar: This webinar is designed for ADHD clinicians, but open to adults with ADHD. Although all are welcome to view the replay, non-clinicians might wish to notify the pros with whom they paintings of this chance and proportion the audio and slide fabrics.
ADHD is a lifelong dysfunction, however it's not identified or identified by means of clinicians in older adults as incessantly as it should be. ADHD may be extremely genetic, working through generations of a family. Baby Boomers grew up at a time when ADHD was once infrequently thought to be a believable prognosis. As a outcome, older adults with indicators of forgetfulness and distractibility lately may fail to understand that these lifelong signs are actually ADHD.
Why is it essential to diagnose and deal with ADHD in older adults who have lived with it their whole lives? Because an effective remedy plan can alleviate debilitating symptoms like operating reminiscence and govt function deficits, to not point out its impact on secondary conditions like despair and nervousness. Clinicians nowadays higher perceive the idiosyncrasies and demanding situations of diagnosing ADD in seniors, they usually know that it’s never too past due to make actual, lasting improvements in an individual’s well being and quality of life.
In this webinar, you are going to learn:
- methods to establish and perceive ADHD symptoms in adults over age 50
- the significance of a correct analysis in older adults who're experiencing mental adjustments
- why clinicians don’t consider that ADHD might be the cause of “thinking issues” in older adults
- indicators that clinicians and older adults should pay attention to in the prognosis process
- how stimulants might have compatibility right into a remedy routine for adults who're taking more than one drugs
- how drugs and organizational skills can beef up daily functioning and high quality of life
- how you can approach a father or mother who you think has had lifelong inattention and disorganization
Webinar replays include:
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- (*50*) assets from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about ADHD
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast live on May 1, 2018.
Meet the Expert Speaker:
David W. Goodman, M.D., FAPA, is an assistant professor in psychiatry and behavioral sciences at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and an internationally known expert on ADHD in adults. Dr. Goodman has been a foremost investigator for ADHD scientific trials, authored 30-plus peer-reviewed clinical publications and offered over six hundred lectures to clinicians. Goodman maintains a full-time scientific apply. For additional info, discuss with www.ADDadult.com.
Play this free webinar and obtain the slide presentation of "ADHD Over 50: Old Age, ADHD, or Something Else?" plus get extra methods from ADDitude via electronic mail.