“Beyond Shame and Guilt: Transformative Strategies for Women with ADD” [Video Replay & Podcast #250]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e mail deal with beneath to look at the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude by means of e-mail.
As a lady dwelling with consideration deficit dysfunction (ADHD or ADD), you are certainly familiar with shame — and its expensive pals guilt, worry, and self-limitation. You additionally may in finding your self asking the million-dollar query: “ADHD awareness is good, however… what now?”
The first stepping stone for change is this: Come face-to-face with your own reports and stories of shame, and the tactics wherein the ones narratives inform your relationships with yourself, your partner, your child, and/or the sector. This reckoning helps us create house for new choices and behaviors. Once we reach that area, on the other hand, we can simply really feel misplaced and wondering, “What do I do with this consciousness?” The answer? You very slowly begin the process of alternate by way of focusing intently on building up your courage, intentionality, and curiosity.
Listen and learn from Michelle Frank, Psy.D., about:
- Common ways that previous studies of shame manifest as self-limiting ideals and habits patterns for women with ADHD
- How those limitations have an effect on women as mothers, companions, buddies, and colleagues
- What acceptance in point of fact way, the way it differs from resignation, and what it looks like to follow radical acceptance and shame-free residing within the here-and-now
- Concrete steps that you'll be able to take to move out of shame and into intentional dwelling
- Ways to strengthen your dating with yourself, your kids, your partner, your friends, and your colleagues
- Key questions to ask yourself to begin to live larger, brighter, and bolder – variations and all
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your email deal with within the field above categorised “Video Replay + Slide Access” to look at the video replay (closed captions available) and download the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button beneath to listen to this episode without delay on your browser, click the symbol to download to pay attention later, or open for your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on Women and ADHD from Dr. Frank
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Michelle Frank, Psy.D., is a licensed medical psychologist that specialize in providing diagnostic and treatment services to people with ADHD. She is co-author, along with fellow ADHD skilled Sari Solden, of the e-book for women with ADHD entitled A Radical Guide for Women with ADHD: Embrace Neurodiversity, Live Boldly, and Break Through Barriers.| See expert’s full bio »
As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a fee from qualifying purchases made through ADDitude readers at the associate links we proportion.
- “Michelle used to be EXCELLENT! Covered numerous floor with out being overwhelming. Can’t wait to receive my replica of the e book — already ordered!”
- “This felt like a profoundly compassionate and knowledgeable view of my entire life thus far (I’m 54), with immensely useful suggestions for action. Thank you!”
- “Her presentation used to be spot on. Good pace, excellent content material, well explained. As always, want there used to be more time for questions however I wouldn’t sacrifice any a part of her presentation for that.”
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e mail cope with below to observe the video replay and download the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude via e mail.