“ADHD Anger, Tantrums, and Mood Shifts: Effective Treatments for Emotional Dysregulation” [Video Replay & Podcast #334]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your electronic mail deal with under to look at the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude by way of e-mail.
One of probably the most tough demanding situations of ADHD is managing the serious feelings and moods that may hijack everyday life for kids and adults alike. Emotional dysregulation — or the shortcoming to properly modulate and keep watch over feelings — is an impressive problem for many of us with ADHD. Yet same old treatments for ADHD, designed to optimize attention, only in part deal with emotional regulation. Because emotional control is not a battle unique to folks identified with ADHD, we will be able to get pleasure from what is understood about managing tantrums and anger when they occur in association with other stipulations. Listen and learn from Joel Nigg, Ph.D., about:
- The causes of emotional dysregulation and why it's an integral part of ADHD
- The maximum effective psychosocial treatments for youngsters and adults with ADHD
- The interaction of ADHD medication and emotional dysregulation
- Lifestyle adjustments and habits to regulate issues about anger and emotionality
- Other stipulations that are supposed to be considered if tantrums or anger are the principle demanding situations
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your e mail deal with in the box above categorised “Video Replay + Slide Access” to watch the video replay (closed captions available) and obtain the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button under to hear this episode without delay to your browser, click on the symbol to download to concentrate later, or open for your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on Emotional Dysregulation from Dr. Nigg:
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on November 24, 2020, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, chances are you'll acquire a certificate of attendance option (cost: $10). Note: ADDitude does not be offering CEU credit. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Joel Nigg, Ph.D., is a clinical psychologist and a professor in the departments of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Oregon Health & Science University. He directs the OHSU ADHD Research program and may be director of the division of psychology. Dr. Nigg is the author of Getting Ahead of ADHD. | See expert’s full bio »
As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a fee from qualifying purchases made by way of ADDitude readers at the affiliate links we share.
- “I've never heard any person so at once deal with the emotional dysregulation facet of ADHD, certainly not in this type of thorough method. I deeply admire the recognition of this as an actual, number one struggle, not just some add-on to attention/hyperactivity problems.”
- “Very informative presentation with an excellent new viewpoint and reminder that small successes are nonetheless value celebrating!”
- “Great consultation with numerous practical data. So great to be given concrete tactics to enforce methods!”
Play Attention: Enhance brain well being and efficiency. For over 25 years PLAY ATTENTION has been helping youngsters and adults thrive and be successful. Our NASA impressed generation and cognitive exercises beef up government serve as. Your program includes a Lifetime Membership and a Personal Executive Function Coach to customise your plan alongside the way. Tell us the areas you want to strengthen, and we will create a custom designed neurocognitive training plan that will help you succeed in those goals. Click Here to Schedule Your FREE Consultation or call 800-788-6786| www.playattention.com | Use Coupon Code ADDMag1020 to obtain $2 hundred off your Play Attention program.
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e mail address beneath to look at the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude by way of e mail.