“The Anxiety and Depression Hiding Within: How to Recognize and Treat Latent Co-occurring Conditions” [Video Replay & Podcast #143]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e-mail deal with beneath to watch the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get methods from ADDitude by the use of e mail.
A notice about this webinar: This webinar is a part of a sequence designed for ADHD clinicians. Although all are welcome to view the replay, non-clinicians might want to notify the professionals with whom they paintings of this opportunity and percentage the audio and slide materials.
ADHD doesn’t go back and forth alone. The vast majority of sufferers with ADHD also have a co-occurring condition like anxiety, depression, or a finding out disability. Many times, these overlapping stipulations require their own evaluation and unique treatment plan. Yet many doctors and clinicians think that anxiety or depression are uncomfortable side effects of ADHD or they fail to carry out ADHD checks on sufferers already diagnosed with anxiety or depression. These screw ups lead to ineffective remedy plans and long-term health risks.
Listen and learn from Roberto Olivardia, Ph.D., about:
- How to correctly screen for co-occurring anxiety and depression in patients with ADHD
- How to recognize the pink flags of an undiagnosed overlapping condition
- The symptoms of depression and anxiety issues, and how to distinguish them from ADHD
- How depression or anxiety impacts ADHD symptoms
- How ADHD can in reality lead to, or have an effect on, depression and anxiety
- How drugs can inform a doctor and a affected person that the prognosis is incorrect
- How to devise a treatment plan when ADHD exists alongside anxiety or depression
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your e-mail deal with within the box above categorized “Video Replay + Slide Access” to watch the video replay (closed captions available) and obtain the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button under to listen to this episode at once for your browser, click the image to download to pay attention later, or open on your podcasts app:Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
More on ADHD Comorbidities
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Dr. Roberto Olivardia is a scientific psychologist and lecturer in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. He maintains a non-public psychotherapy observe in Lexington, Massachusetts, where he makes a speciality of the remedy of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) and Eating Disorders. He has spoken on numerous webinars and gifts at many talks and meetings across the country. He these days serves at the Scientific Advisory Board for ADDitude, as well as the Professional Advisory Boards for Children and Adults with ADHD (CHADD), the Attention Deficit Disorder Association (ADDA) and the National Association for Males with Eating Disorders. He is also a member of the ADDitude ADHD Medical Review Panel and a paid consultant for Understood.org.| See expert’s full bio »
- “Thank you to your time! Helpful and attention-grabbing – seems like many people got different helpful knowledge from these days’s webinar.”
- “Amazing paintings! Great skilled audio system/lectures! Thank you such a lot for providing those webinars.”
- “Thank you such a lot for tying ADHD and depression together and explaining one of the vital particular risk factors, comorbidity, and various kinds of remedy.”
- “Fantastic Presentation By Dr. Roberto Olivardia, Ph.D.!
He ALWAYS gives an AMAZING coaching session each and every time! Thank you so much.”
The sponsor of this week’s ADDitude webinar is….
NEBA®: NEBA® is the only FDA cleared take a look at that helps a clinician diagnose ADHD with accuracy nearing that of a crew of docs. NEBA helps clinicians catch cases that look like ADHD however are one thing else. nebahealth.com/
ADDitude thank you our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker variety or webinar content material.
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e-mail cope with under to watch the video replay and download the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude by way of e-mail.