“Tech to the Rescue: Create a Technology Toolbox for Struggling Students with ADHD and LD” [Video Replay & Podcast #261]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your electronic mail address underneath to watch the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get methods from ADDitude by the use of email.
Tapping into the right technology can make the distinction between good fortune and failure in class for students with attention deficit dysfunction (ADHD or ADD) and learning disabilities. Assistive Technology (AT) helps students compensate for their disabilities whilst development on their strengths. Using the ideas of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), this webinar will focus on tools and strategies that can help academics reinforce students with a vary of disabilities.
Learn about the hottest and effective technology tools for iPads, Windows, Chromebooks, Mac, Smart Speakers and others. Geared for educators, oldsters, and scientific execs, this webinar will provide an explanation for how to maximize students’ studying thru technology and help them change into more efficient, assured, and independent in the study room.
In this webinar, you are going to be informed from Brian S. Friedlander, Ph.D., about:
- Which tech gear get advantages students with specific finding out wishes
- How to collect an Assistive Technology toolkit for your pupil
- The significance of Universal Design for learning technology platforms and device
- Best gear for supporting students in reading, writing, and math
- The significance of the usage of equipment which can be “tool agnostic” and cloud primarily based
- Knowing when tech tools are serving to your student excel
- Develop real looking targets and expectancies for the use of assistive technology
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your e-mail address in the box above labeled “Video Replay + Slide Access” to watch the video replay (closed captions available) and download the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button under to concentrate to this episode immediately to your browser, click the image to obtain to listen later, or open to your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on Assistive Technology for Students
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the are living webinar on October 2, 2019, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you will get a certificate of attendance option. Note: ADDitude does no longer offer CEU credits. Click here to get the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Brian S. Friedlander, Ph.D., is an affiliate professor of schooling at the College of St. Elizabeth in Morristown, NJ, where he coordinates graduate techniques in special education and teaches graduate lessons in assistive technology. A college psychologist with expertise in the house of assistive technology, Brian has a interest for the usage of a wide variety of technology in his professional paintings.
Friedlander consults to many college districts in the State of New Jersey and has taught hundreds of educators how to make the most of the equipment and methodologies of mind mapping to support studying in the lecture room. He could also be a marketing consultant in non-public apply in the space of assistive technology and maintains an active blog at http://assistivetek.blogspot.com.
He is co-author of Engaging the Resistant Child Through Computers and writer of a number of laminated reference guides, together with Assistive Technology: What Every Educator Needs to Know; Instructional Technology for 21st-Century Skills; iPad: Enhancing Learning & Communication for Students with Special Needs, and Autism & the iPad: Strengthening Communication and Behavior. | See expert’s full bio »
As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a fee from qualifying purchases made by ADDitude readers on the associate hyperlinks we percentage.
- “Dr. Brian Friedlander was a great and an expert knowledgeable. Thank you for bringing his experience to us!”
- “Great sensible recommendation on explicit gear for LDs in class.”
- “I hadn’t discovered there have been so many gear available in the market. Very willing to discover the use of these through our kid’s IEP.”
- “I now have a lot of tools to research and then resolve which might be suitable for which of my students; this job might be so profitable and I glance forward to it. Many thank you.”
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your electronic mail cope with below to watch the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude via electronic mail.