“The Gift of Grit: Helping Children with ADHD Overcome Failure, Fear, and Disappointment” [Video Replay & Podcast #248]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your email address underneath to observe the video replay and download the slide presentation, plus get methods from ADDitude via email.
Children with ADHD struggle and fail more continuously than their friends. They have trouble beginning and finishing tasks, homework is regularly a fight, and infrequently it seems their chores won't ever get done. These repeated demanding situations lead to guilt, disgrace, and anxiousness.
As parents, we regularly combat to know and talk about this phase of consideration deficit dysfunction (ADHD or ADD). That’s the place The Wall of Awful comes in. It is a tool that is helping us visualize and perceive the impact that repeated failure has on our youngsters and ourselves. Once we are aware of it, we can extra easily talk about — and overcome the shame, disappointments, and nervousness which are frequently related with ADHD.
In this webinar, you're going to learn from Brendan Mahan, M.Ed., MS, about:
- The Wall of Awful — what it's and how it keeps our children from initiating duties and taking risks
- How to raised perceive the emotional affect of repeated failure and how it affects each youngsters and adults
- How to speak with your youngsters and family members concerning the emotional affect of repeated failure
- Five techniques other people try to get previous the emotional barrier created by means of failure—and which of them work best
- How to assist your kid exchange his emotional state so he can get began extra simply
- How to restrict the position of guilt and disgrace in ADHD
- How to assist your child increase the resiliency, methods, and grit vital to find success
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your e-mail cope with within the box above labeled “Video Replay + Slide Access” to observe the video replay (closed captions available) and download the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button beneath to hear this episode directly on your browser, click on the image to download to concentrate later, or open for your podcasts app:Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO
Read More on Empowering Children with ADHD
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the reside webinar on August 6, 2019, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you will get a certificate of attendance option. Note: ADDitude does now not be offering CEU credits. Click here to get the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Brendan Mahan, M.Ed., MS, is the producer and host of the ADHD Essentials Podcast, an across the world known ADHD/Executive Function knowledgeable, and an engaging, sought-after speaker. He helps folks, households, colleges, and businesses arrange the demanding situations of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder thru an way that blends education, collaborative problem-solving, and duty with compassion, humor, and a focal point on strengths and expansion. You can contact him at [email protected].| See expert’s full bio »
- “This was once a super webinar. Full of useful guidelines and methods, and a just right reminder to be affected person with myself and my daughter. Thank you!”
- “I used to be impressed with what number of choices were urged for a wide range of difficulties. Also, having a look at why a behavior may happen to match an appropriate response. Thank you!”
- “So helpful. I'm a father or mother of, a teacher of, and a spouse of a person with ADHD. This webinar was once useful for all roles.”
Play Attention: Enhance brain well being and performance. Play Attention is the main neurocognitive coaching program designed to strengthen Executive Function and Self-Regulation. The complete Play Attention system includes NASA inspired era, cognitive training, habits shaping, parent training, and a lot more. Call 800-788-6786 or click, http://www.playattention.com/index.php/professional-consultation to agenda a free professional session and ADHD evaluation. | www.playattention.com
ADDitude thank you our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no affect on speaker selection or webinar content material.
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e mail deal with below to watch the video replay and download the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude via e-mail.