“The Secret to Making Friends: A People Skills Guide for Adults with ADHD” [Video Replay & Podcast #293]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e mail cope with beneath to watch the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude by way of electronic mail.
NOTE: Watch the replay and obtain a coupon code for 20% off ADDitude’s new guide, “How to Make Friends: A Guide for Adults with ADHD.”
FREE RESOURCE: Click here to obtain a video about finishing “TMI”
Social conversation affects each and every aspect of an adult’s life — getting along with coworkers and executives, interviewing for a activity, maintaining friendships and romantic relationships, even attending social gatherings like a wedding or a birthday party without feeling wired or inadequate. Making and conserving new friends is hard sufficient, and adults with ADHD face further demanding situations with signs like impulsivity and inattention, which will get in the way in which of significant connection. What’s extra, ADHD is ceaselessly accompanied by way of comorbid prerequisites like anxiousness or the disgrace of rejection sensitive dysphoria, both of which impact relationships.
When you achieve out, do you frequently say or do the flawed factor — or forget to observe up or stay involved with friends you're making? Is it easier to withdraw and keep house than put yourself available in the market and chance making social blunders? Understanding the ADHD mind and the way it impacts social skills can decrease the shame and building up the opportunities for significant connection. This research-based webinar will empower you to navigate the social world with real looking and sensible strategies that will improve your people skills.
Listen and learn from Caroline Maguire, M.Ed., ACCG, PCC,, about:
- Why you will have issue studying social cues and non-verbal communication, and the way to change these patterns
- Strategies to arrange impulsivity to decrease interrupting, blurting, and inappropriate feedback
- How to learn social cues and perceive the context and temper of social eventualities with friends and coworkers
- How to be a higher listener and pay attention to what others are announcing, even if your thoughts is distracted
- Tried-and-true tools and coaching tactics to transfer you ahead in making lasting friendships
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your e mail cope with within the box above categorized “Video Replay + Slide Access” to watch the video replay (closed captions available) and download the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button underneath to listen to this episode directly to your browser, click the symbol to obtain to listen later, or open on your podcasts app: : Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Renowned ADHD professional Caroline Maguire, M.Ed., ACCG, PCC, funnels her decades of expertise helping people make friends and find acceptance in her ebook, Why Will No One Play with Me, a primary Amazon new release book. She makes use of groundbreaking International Coach Federation (ICF)-accredited training methodology that has sparked a revolution in addressing govt serve as and social isolation challenges. Maguire contributes to main publications, print and online, including U.S. News & World Report, Mind Body Green, Salon, Huffington Post, Today Parenting, ADDitude, Attention Magazine, and WebMD. She is a sought-after lecturer and workshop facilitator. Join Maguire’s Facebook chat every first Monday #AskCoachCaroline, follow her @AuthorCarolineM, and enroll with your email cope with to obtain her unfastened Play Better Plan Mini-Course. | See expert’s full bio »
As an Amazon Associate, ADDitude earns a fee from qualifying purchases made through ADDitude readers at the associate links we proportion.
- “This was packed with actionable information, almost definitely the most productive ADD webinar I’ve been on so far.”
- “One of the most user friendly classes I’ve attended anywhere no longer simply right here. Great process Caroline! Thank you.”
- “Thought she used to be succinct and maintained pastime with excellent common-sense data for each shoppers and clinicians similar to myself.”
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e-mail deal with beneath to watch the video replay and download the slide presentation, plus get methods from ADDitude by way of electronic mail.