“Medicating Your Child with ADHD: How to Manage the Feelings of Guilt and Judgment, and Make Peace with Your Decision” [Video Replay & Podcast #299]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e-mail address underneath to watch the video replay and download the slide presentation, plus get methods from ADDitude by way of email.
There isn’t a harder, more agonizing choice than the one to medicate your child with ADHD. Parents work tirelessly to do what they really feel is highest for their youngsters, however the most efficient remedy approaches for ADHD don't seem to be straightforward and making peace with your resolution is rarely simple.
Parenting a child with ADHD brings many challenges and questions. Parents continuously feel conflicted, hesitant, and scared when deciding to introduce medication. They doubt their very own competence and can really feel defeated. Those feelings are strengthened by way of others’ judgments about medicine and your parenting selections.
On the other hand, oldsters are also judged for no longer medicating their child’s ADHD. It is essential to remember that no longer every child with ADHD needs and/or benefits from drugs. There are many explanation why. Talking through your thoughts and feelings about medication is a good way to feel relaxed with your decision.
Listen and learn from Roberto Olivardia, Ph.D., about:
- How medication can effectively contribute to an total remedy plan for a child
- Common myths and assumptions about ADHD medications
- When a child is simply too young to take medication
- Ways to battle self-critical or accountable thoughts and feelings related to your child taking medication
- Reasons why folks might make a selection not to medicate a child’s ADHD symptoms
- Ways parents can explain to others (in the event that they feel compelled to) their decision to medicate their child
- How to talk to your kids about taking drugs so that they adopt a non-shameful angle about their remedy
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your e-mail cope with in the field above categorised “Video Replay + Slide Access” to watch the video replay (closed captions to be had) and download the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button below to listen to this episode at once in your browser, click the image to obtain to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the reside webinar on April 15, 2020, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, chances are you'll obtain a certificates of attendance option. Note: ADDitude does no longer be offering CEU credits. Click here to get the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Dr. Roberto Olivardia is a medical psychologist and lecturer in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. He maintains a private psychotherapy practice in Lexington, Massachusetts, where he makes a speciality of the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) and Eating Disorders. He has spoken on numerous webinars and items at many talks and conferences around the nation. He these days serves on the Scientific Advisory Board for ADDitude, in addition to the Professional Advisory Boards for Children and Adults with ADHD (CHADD), the Attention Deficit Disorder Association (ADDA) and the National Association for Males with Eating Disorders. He may be a member of the ADDitude ADHD Medical Review Panel and a paid advisor for Understood.org.| See expert’s full bio »
- “So informative and I beloved the advice of issues to say to others who question our decisions.”
- “Excellent mirrored image and dialogue of the execs, cons, and problems similar to medicate or no longer medicate.”
- “I preferred the feedback round the large picture and long term worries that come alongside with medication treatment.”
- “I cherished how it answers some of the questions of the oldsters I am operating with. Thank you!”
Play Attention: Enhance mind well being and efficiency. For over 25 years PLAY ATTENTION has been serving to kids and adults thrive and be successful. Our NASA inspired generation and cognitive exercises fortify govt serve as and self-regulation. Each program features a Lifetime Membership and a Personal Executive Function Coach to customise your plan alongside the means. Call 800-788-6786 or click here for our FREE eBooks on Executive Function & Academic Success, Impulse Control, Mindfulness, and extra! | www.playattention.com
Mention AdditudeMag0420 and obtain 10% off your house or skilled program + one FREE ADHD Assessment
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your electronic mail deal with underneath to watch the video replay and download the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude by way of electronic mail.