“Understanding the New ADHD Guidelines: A Parents’ Guide to the Latest Standards for Diagnosing and Treating Children” [Video Replay & Podcast #306]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e mail address below to watch the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude via electronic mail.
ADHD is the most not unusual mental health situation in kids lately and 2d most effective to bronchial asthma as the most commonplace persistent youth illness. With increasing regularity, primary pediatric care clinicians play a key role in correctly diagnosing and effectively treating kids with ADHD. To help this procedure, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) revised its ADHD clinical guidelines final yr to promote optimal care for kids with the situation. Understanding these new standards of care will empower parents to paintings effectively with their pediatricians.
- How doctors can optimize the diagnosis process via interviewing both folks and the child, plus other strategies
- The significance of ruling out different reasons of ADHD-like symptoms and identifying comorbid conditions, like temper dysfunction and nervousness
- The demanding situations of enforcing the new guidelines — particularly, less-than-adequate pediatric training in mental well being, restricted insurance coverage of wanted services and products, limited consultative products and services, and barriers to communication with colleges and consultative services
- The key position conduct rating scales play in diagnosing ADHD and in tracking a child at school and the community
- The most efficient ADHD treatment options that number one care clinicians may make use of
- Which treatment should come first: ADHD drugs or behavior mother or father training, or one thing else?
- The many advantages of follow-up care for kids diagnosed with ADHD and when referrals for different care are wanted
- New technology to beef up the high quality of care for higher patient results
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your electronic mail cope with in the box above categorized “Video Replay + Slide Access” to watch the video replay (closed captions available) and obtain the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button under to listen to this episode directly on your browser, click on the symbol to obtain to listen later, or open to your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on ADHD Care and Treatment from Wolraich and Hagan
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the are living webinar on May 19, 2020, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may get a certificate of attendance choice. Note: ADDitude does no longer offer CEU credit. Click here to get the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speakers
Mark L. Wolraich, M.D., is the Shaun Walters Professor Emeritus of Pediatrics and the Edith Kinney-Gaylord Presidential Professor at the University Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. He used to be the Chief of the Section of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics there for the previous 17 years until June 2018. Dr. Wolraich has been active nationally in the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) particularly bearing on to ADHD. He is a member and past president of the Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. Dr. Wolraich developed the Vanderbilt ADHD Behavior Rating Scales that are actually used extensively nationally and the world over.| See expert’s full bio »
Joseph F. Hagan, Jr., M.D., FAAP is Clinical Professor in Pediatrics at the University of Vermont College of Medicine and UVM Children’s Hospital. He is co-editor of The Bright Futures Guidelines, Third and Fourth Editions, the usual of preventive care for American babies, kids, young people, and younger adults. Dr. Hagan served as vice-president and president of the American Academy of Pediatrics Vermont Chapter. Dr. Hagan has huge media enjoy, has printed widely, offered nationally and internationally and has won a lot of awards spotting his paintings. Dr. Hagan practices primary care pediatrics in Burlington, Vermont.| See expert’s full bio »
Both Drs. Wolraich and Hagan are the co-editors of the AAP book for parents, ADHD 3rd edition.
- “I appreciate the presenter’s time and expertise. As a special training evaluator, I particularly appreciated the focal point on staff work/coordinated care.”
- “Very attention-grabbing subject, and just right solutions to questions.”
- “I really respect each Dr’s insights! As a college psychologist and person with ADHD, I particularly preferred the discussion of collaboration between home, doctors, and educators.”
- “Always such glorious and informative webinars.”
- “Great training! I really like that mother or father training and involvement used to be such a giant factor when discussing ADHD. Not many people will say that aloud!”
Play Attention Virtual Summer Camp! For over 25 years PLAY ATTENTION has been serving to youngsters and adults thrive and be successful in school, home, and work. Our NASA impressed era and cognitive workouts improve govt function and self-regulation. Each program includes a Lifetime Membership and a Personal Executive Function Coach to customise your plan along the manner. Call 800-788-6786 or Click here to join our FREE Virtual Summer Camp and take the Brain Boost Challenge! Children and Adult Campers Welcome! | Free Consultation Available
ADDitude thank you our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no affect on speaker variety or webinar content material.
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e-mail cope with underneath to watch the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get methods from ADDitude via email.