“The OCD-ADHD Link: What You Should Know When You Have Both” [Video Replay & Podcast #343]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e-mail deal with under to observe the video replay and download the slide presentation, plus get methods from ADDitude via e-mail.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a tormenting mental sickness that is affecting approximately Three million adults and 500,000, children and teenagers. People with OCD who have been also identified with ADHD have their palms full managing both.
ADHD and OCD are both characterized by way of executive functioning deficits within the spaces of organization, prioritization, motivation, decision-making and attention. It is not unusual that when other folks have each problems, one of them goes undiagnosed.
This webinar will tap into the most recent research literature in this understudied comorbidity. For those with a twin prognosis, failure to identify and treat both disorder can considerably have an effect on remedy progress for the other. The good information is when an individual is correctly identified remedies are to be had that can help you organize signs of both disorders.
In this webinar, you will:
- Understand the symptoms of OCD
- Differentiate between OCD and ADHD symptoms
- Understand how either condition can also be misdiagnosed as the opposite
- Learn about not unusual OCD manifestations in folks with ADHD
- Identify remedy recommendations for OCD, and when anyone has both conditions
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your email address within the box above categorized “Video Replay + Slide Access” to watch the video replay (closed captions available) and download the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button underneath to listen to this episode directly for your browser, click on the symbol to download to listen later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on OCD and ADHD
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on February 11, 2021, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you might purchase a certificate of attendance choice (value: $10). Note: ADDitude does not offer CEU credit. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Roberto Olivardia, Ph.D., is a Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Instructor of Psychology at Harvard Medical School. He maintains a non-public psychotherapy observe in Lexington, Massachusetts, where he specializes in the remedy of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), executive functioning issues, and problems that face students with studying differences. | See expert’s full bio »
- “The speaker used to be excellent! I appreciated having anecdotal examples to deliver to life the clinical topic. I best want that the webinar had been 2 hours as a substitute of 1!”
- “I have in reality enjoyed the webinars I have attended that have been offered by means of Dr. Olivardia. I admire his relatability and humility along with his knowledge.”
- “Excellent presentation. I discovered so much about OCD. The Speaker was excellent and defined the ideas so successfully!”
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your electronic mail address below to look at the video replay and download the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude by way of email.