Free Webinar Replay: Beyond Dyslexia: Overcoming Reading Challenges for Kids with ADHD
Play this free webinar and obtain the slide presentation of "Beyond Dyslexia: Overcoming Reading Challenges for Kids with ADHD" plus get more strategies from ADDitude via e-mail.
Dyslexia is a reading dysfunction, but now not all reading disorders are dyslexia (which is a marvel to many fogeys and even some reading specialists). One in 5 younger scholars struggles with reading. Knowing the supply of the reading drawback and recognizing that symptoms can range broadly even amongst children with the similar prognosis are each critical for planning the correct plan of action. Here’s the best way to develop a plan for your kid and to convey excitement to the reading process.
This webinar will address:
- The authorised definition of dyslexia — and commonplace misconceptions
- Common sources of reading challenges — language processing weaknesses, impaired auditory processing, and visible processing problems, amongst others
- Practical and amusing strategies for building reading skills over the summer season the use of each skilled strengthen and “homemade” strategies
- Developing a back-to-school reading recreation plan, plus planning for college accommodations and remediation
- The many faces of ADHD and reading challenges — meaning there is not any unmarried form of problem, nor one unmarried best possible solution
- Strategies for encouraging a reluctant reader by making reading fun
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Dr. Robin McEvoy is a developmental neuropsychologist practising in Denver, Colorado. She evaluates and diagnoses a wide range of studying disabilities and studying wishes in kids, young people and adults. This contains the identification of reading disabilities equivalent to dyslexia. She then works with the family to expand a treatment plan to remediate the weaknesses and intensify strengths. In addition to her non-public apply, Dr. McEvoy is an assistant professor on the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. Dr. McEvoy has authored a kids’s ebook, Buddy: A Story for Dyslexia (illustrated by way of her daughter). She is the co-author/editor of Child Decoded: Unlocking Complex Issues in Your Child’s Learning, Behavior, and Attention (www.childdecoded.com). You can read extra about Robin McEvoy at her website online www.robinmcevoy.com. You too can follow her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DrRobinMcEvoy.
Webinar replays come with:
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free e-newsletter updates about ADHD
This ADHD Experts webinar was first broadcast continue to exist July 26, 2017. ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker selection or webinar content.
Reading Buddy Software is complex speech recognition era that listens, responds, and teaches as your kid reads. Children who use Reading Buddy Software for 3 months make stronger their reading abilities via 50%. www.ReadingBuddySoftware.com
ADDitude thank you our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker variety or webinar content material.
Play this free webinar and obtain the slide presentation of "Beyond Dyslexia: Overcoming Reading Challenges for Kids with ADHD" plus get more methods from ADDitude by the use of electronic mail.