“Sleep Solutions for the ADHD Brain” [Video Replay & Podcast #308]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e mail address under to look at the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get methods from ADDitude by way of electronic mail.
Research displays that three-quarters of adults and kids with ADHD have problems slumbering. Sleep disturbances and disorders are one of the maximum commonplace comorbidities associated with ADHD. Existing analysis suggests an overlap between the symptoms and lines of ADHD and the neurobehavioral and neurocognitive results of sleep disorders. ADHD affects the quality of sleep, and poor sleep adversely impacts ADHD signs — it is a vicious cycle.
Making diagnosis and treatment more challenging for clinicians is the proven fact that sleep disorders can mimic ADHD. Listen and be told from Dr. Mark Stein about:
- The occurrence of specific sleep problems related to ADHD in kids, children, and adults
- Reasons why children with ADHD are deficient sleepers and face up to sleep
- Methods of assessing sleep issues
- The effects of stimulant and non-stimulant medications on sleep
- Behavioral and environmental methods to toughen sleep in ADHD households
- Strategies for managing stimulant-exacerbated insomnia
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your e-mail address in the field above classified “Video Replay + Slide Access” to look at the video replay (closed captions to be had) and download the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button beneath to listen to this episode without delay for your browser, click on the symbol to obtain to listen later, or open for your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO
Read More on Sleep and ADHD from Dr. Stein:
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the live webinar on June 2, 2020, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you may get a loose certificate of attendance option. Note: ADDitude does no longer be offering CEU credits. Click here to get the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Mark Stein, Ph.D., directs the PEARL (Program to Enhance Attention, Regulation, and Learning) Clinic at Seattle Children’s Hospital and is a professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences, and pediatrics at the University of Washington. Dr. Stein received CHADD’s lifetime success award in 2018. An active clinician and researcher, Dr. Stein has studied the have an effect on of ADHD remedy on sleep. | See expert’s full bio »
- “I enjoyed the consultation for supporting shoppers to find solutions for sound asleep.”
- “The webinar used to be very informative. The tips about sleep hygiene were very helpful.”
- “The accessibility of your speakers is really beneficiant – thank you!”
- “Presenter was very informative and reasonable! I loved how he responded to questions!”
- “Excellent scientific primarily based knowledge! Thank you!”
Play Attention Virtual Summer Camp! For over 25 years PLAY ATTENTION has been serving to kids and adults thrive and be triumphant in class, house, and paintings. Our NASA inspired technology and cognitive exercises toughen govt function and self-regulation. Each program features a Lifetime Membership and a Personal Executive Function Coach to customize your plan alongside the way. Call 800-788-6786 or Click here to join our FREE Virtual Summer Camp and take the Brain Boost Challenge! Children and Adult Campers Welcome! | Free Consultation Available
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no influence on speaker variety or webinar content material.
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e mail deal with underneath to observe the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude by way of e mail.