Free Webinar Replay: Sleep and the ADHD Brain: Why It’s Critical and How to Get More
Play this free webinar and obtain the slide presentation of "Sleep and the ADHD Brain: Why It’s Critical and How to Get More," plus get more methods from ADDitude by way of electronic mail.
Sleep issues are highly correlated with ADHD, however there remains confusion about why they overlap and the best possible practices to deal with them in kids. What’s more, professionals incessantly neglect to consider sleep issues when assessing a child or adult for ADHD, and folks too ceaselessly omit the necessary function that sleep plays in wholesome consideration and brain construction.
We know that children with ADHD are at high risk for secondary sleep issues or behavioral issues when going to mattress and waking up. Less is understood about the true prevalence of number one or biologically pushed sleep issues in patients with ADHD. What we do know is that issues over sleep are very different in teenagers than in pre-adolescent kids — and different once more in adults. The good information is, sleep demanding situations correctly identified at any stage of life, are most often resolved lovely temporarily.
In this webinar, you're going to be informed:
- The significance of sleep for brain development and studying in youngsters, teens, and adults
- Optimal sleep quantities associated with other developmental levels
- Common behaviorally related sleep issues in kids and kids with ADHD, together with the role of technology
- Simple behavioral guidelines for proscribing sleep problems and key tips for addressing sleep-related issues
- The unique sleep challenges of youth and their unique scientific and behavioral remedy considerations
- How to make a decision when it’s time for a full analysis for a possible primary sleep disorder
- Pros and cons of medicine and behavioral therapies for sleep-related conditions in children with ADHD
Webinar replays include:
- Slides accompanying the webinar
- Related resources from ADDitude
- Free newsletter updates about ADHD
This ADHD Experts webinar was once first broadcast live on November 28, 2018.
Meet the Expert Speakers:
Joel Nigg, Ph.D., is a professor in Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience and Director of the Division of Psychology at Oregon Health & Science University. He is a leading researcher in the box of ADHD and the writer of over 200 scientific papers. He is the author of a recent ebook for fogeys that addresses lifestyle and atmosphere approaches to ADHD, Getting Ahead of ADHD: What Next Generation Science Says about Treatments That Work—And How You can Make them Work for Your Child (New York, Guilford Press, 2017).
Dr. Super is an Associate Professor in the Division of Pediatric Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine at Oregon Health Sciences University. She has practiced as a board qualified sleep drugs specialist since 2009, and enjoys serving to children and families get better sleep.
Sonic Alert: Never sleep previous your alarm clock once more with this additional loud alarm and powerful mattress shaker. This dual alarm clock has been confirmed to get up even the heaviest sleepers. sonicalert.com/alarm-clocks
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no affect on speaker selection or webinar content material.
Play this free webinar and obtain the slide presentation of "Sleep and the ADHD Brain: Why It’s Critical and How to Get More," plus get more strategies from ADDitude by means of email.