“Optimize Your Child’s Summer Schedule: Fun, Learning, and Connection” [Video Replay & Podcast #290]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your electronic mail cope with under to look at the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get methods from ADDitude via email.
“Do I let my kid chill all summer, or do I feed him a gentle nutrition of lecturers to keep his thoughts sharp?”
Parents of students with consideration deficit dysfunction (ADHD or ADD) are torn as summer approaches and their youngsters are eager to chillax. For the last 10 months, your son or daughter has put in superhuman effort to meet instructional expectations and overcome studying demanding situations, and you don’t need him to lose the development he’s made. Yet you understand in your middle that he needs a smash from school-related pressures.
For oldsters of kids with ADHD, summer is a time to recover — and to firm up academic comfortable spots. The trick is hanging a stability that doesn’t cause family strife since the middle- and high-school years are a vital time in your courting. How you select to spend your summer with your kid will have a large affect on your shared “emotional bank account,” as Stephen Covey would say. A parent needs practical strategies that blend opportunities for a laugh and exploration, academic routines, and time for the circle of relatives to reconnect.
In this webinar, you will be informed from Susan Kruger, M.E.d.,:
- The single ultimate thing you'll do to make your child’s summer productive and stimulating
- Tips for a simple yet productive instructional routine
- The primary factor that can make or spoil your dating with your kid
- Explore simple ways to infuse “a laugh” into the varsity break
- How to enhance optimum mind building in your kid over the summer
- How to shed parent guilt about how others think you must be spending the summer
- Strategies for getting your child organized when back-to-school rolls around
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your e mail address within the field above labeled “Video Replay + Slide Access” to look at the video replay (closed captions to be had) and obtain the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button underneath to listen to this episode immediately in your browser, click on the symbol to download to pay attention later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; Overcast, iHeartRADIO.
Read More on Summer Guides
Meet the Expert Speaker:
Susan Kruger, M.Ed., is an authorized learning specialist and former struggling pupil. She was once surprised when she simplified a couple of find out about skills in college — and graduated with a 3.9 GPA. Since that point, she’s taught thousands of scholars how to achieve that very same sense of accomplishment and self belief with learn about talents. Susan is the writer of the international best-selling study skills e book, SOAR Study Skills, Premier Instructor for The Learning Annex, and developer of the leap forward style, The Brain Circuit. Microsoft Partners has called her a “Global Expert in Education Innovation.” Her curriculum fabrics are used by greater than 4,500 schools around the country and 40-plus nations worldwide. She’s married to a fellow educator, and she is mother to 2 dynamic children with “learning disabilities” who are hovering via high school with self assurance. Susan is the founding father of studyskills.com. | See expert’s full bio »
- This journey is regularly very heavy and it’s very easy to feel defeated and now not acknowledge the happy instances that may be few and a ways between. Thank you for highlighting the inclusion of joy!”
- “She used to be wonderful! I cherished hearing about unstructured time. There are so many opinions out there and this was actually validating. Thank you!”
- “I beloved the way in which Susan explored the brain in easy to grasp phrases. Thank you.”
NEBA® Health provides the first FDA-cleared brainwave take a look at to help clinicians resolve if a child’s symptoms are because of ADHD or any other situation. NEBA is simplest available through prescription. It is a non-invasive take a look at and only takes minutes. Find a NEBA provider in your area: nebahealth.com
ADDitude thanks our sponsors for supporting our webinars. Sponsorship has no affect on speaker variety or webinar content.
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e-mail deal with below to observe the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude by the use of e mail.