“When Teen Stress Ignites Strong Emotions: Teaching Anger and Frustration Management” [Video Replay & Podcast #342]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your electronic mail cope with underneath to observe the video replay and download the slide presentation, plus get methods from ADDitude by means of email.
Parents nowadays are weathering strong and turbulent emotions — their very own and those of their adolescents with ADHD. Anger, loneliness, sadness, and frustration are working rampant during the pandemic. We must discover ways to set up them, and so do our teenagers. Disruptions in emotional regulation have an effect on social relationships, which can additional complicate and aggravate the location. Our teenagers want to organize these emotions, and folks wish to lend a hand them.
Combining humor and compassion, veteran ADHD coach Brendan Mahan will explore proven methods for making improvements to emotional management at home. Through collaboration and transparent communique, families can paintings in combination to bolster executive function skills and navigate this disaster with extra understanding and much less conflict.
In this webinar, you are going to be informed:
• How ADHD, anxiety, and age have an effect on teen emotions
• Communication abilities that deal with situations inflicting strong emotions
• Ways to spot dysregulated emotions in our teens
• Strategies for helping our kids manage their emotions
• Methods for regulating parent emotions so they can better lend a hand their teens
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your electronic mail address within the field above categorized “Video Replay + Slide Access” to observe the video replay (closed captions available) and download the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button under to listen to this episode at once for your browser, click the symbol to obtain to pay attention later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on Teen Stress
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the reside webinar on February 2, 2021, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, chances are you'll acquire a certificates of attendance choice (value: $10). Note: ADDitude does now not be offering CEU credit. Click here to purchase the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Brendan Mahan, M.Ed., MS., an across the world identified ADHD/Executive Function skilled, is a highly engaging, sought-after speaker, and the host of the ADHD Essentials Podcast. A former instructor, mental health counselor, and foremost, Brendan is helping people, families, colleges, and businesses arrange the challenges of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and neurodiversity via an approach that blends education, collaborative problem-solving, and responsibility with compassion, humor, a focal point on strengths and growth, and his trademark “Wall of Awful™” model. Contact him at [email protected] | See expert’s full bio »
- “Excellent speaker: heat, very human, compassionate, and many excellent practical suggestions to apply to day-to-day lifestyles with teenagers.”
- “This used to be amazing and fingers down one of the vital helpful webinars! I'm going to listen several occasions to procedure the tips and then I MUST follow it. The one thing I especially love as an ADHD parent is the presenter himself has ADHD so he’s not just an “knowledgeable” ON ADHD: he is an expert IN ADHD!”
- “Excellent presentation! I’m so satisfied to listen to another skilled hold parents accountable!”
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e mail address below to observe the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get methods from ADDitude by the use of email.