“A Parent’s Guide to Evaluating and Troubleshooting Your Child’s IEP or 504 Plan” [Video Replay & Podcast #267]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your email cope with under to watch the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get methods from ADDitude by means of e-mail.
Securing an IEP or 504 Plan for a kid with consideration deficit disorder (ADHD or ADD) or a learning incapacity is time-consuming and can be emotionally difficult. You have to attend conferences, fill out forms and be sure your child receives a suitable evaluation. Once a child is authorized for an IEP or 504 Plan, parents rightfully be expecting to get top-of-the-line supports, accommodations, and services and products to assist him or her excel in the classroom.
It doesn’t all the time prove that means. Many oldsters in finding that the IEP or 504 Plan doesn’t paintings for their kid. Their grades don’t give a boost to, and they aren’t learning to any extent further than they did earlier than the accommodations and services and products have been in place. Parents will have to be vigilant in figuring out whether academics are following the IEP or 504 Plan, and whether or not the accommodations and goals spelled out in that plan are what their child wishes to really reach school.
In this webinar, folks will be told from Susan Yellin, Esq., about:
- The clues that inform parents whether or not an IEP or 504 Plan is meeting their child’s needs
- The practical steps folks can take if educators aren’t following the written IEP or 504 Plan
- Parents’ rights if they believe that the IEP or 504 Plan is not providing enough or suitable improve
- How folks could make minor adjustments to an IEP or 504 Plan
- The position of a brand new evaluation or purposeful behavioral assessment in improving an IEP or 504 Plan
- The legal recourse if the school refuses to make the adjustments oldsters imagine are wanted
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your e mail cope with in the box above labeled “Video Replay + Slide Access” to watch the video replay (closed captions available) and obtain the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button under to pay attention to this episode directly in your browser, click the image to obtain to concentrate later, or open in your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on ADHD in the Classroom
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the reside webinar on October 29, 2019, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you can get a certificate of attendance option. Note: ADDitude does now not offer CEU credit. Click here to get the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Susan Yellin, Esq., is the Director of Advocacy and Transition Services at The Yellin Center for Mind, Brain, and Education. She is an author of the e-book Life After High School: A Guide for Students with Disabilities and Their Families (Jessica Kingsley Publishers). Susan Yellin, Esq., is a member of the ADDitude ADHD Medical Review Panel. | See expert’s full bio »
- “Excellent succinct info that can be very useful for my clients. Thank you!”
- “I’ve watched many of those and this used to be the most efficient presenter- clear, concise, gave a variety of info, spoke back all questions without delay.”
- “Very a lot recognize the educational characteristics of the presentation in addition to the presenter’s thoroughness balanced with a full of life tempo.”
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your electronic mail address under to watch the video replay and download the slide presentation, plus get methods from ADDitude by the use of e mail.