“What Is ADHD? Everything You Need to Know Before and After an ADHD Diagnosis” [Video Replay & Podcast #260]
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e mail address below to watch the video replay and download the slide presentation, plus get methods from ADDitude via e mail.
Part 1 of ADDitude’s 3-part ADHD Awareness Month Webinar Series
Every day 3,000 other folks of all ages and from in all places the arena are identified with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD or ADD), and they take but any other step within the lifelong means of coming to know and arrange their particular type of nervous machine. This process hardly follows a immediately line. For each patient, it begins at other occasions and strikes at other speeds alongside other paths — its efficiency and helpfulness in large part determined by how smartly the affected person understands the solution to this query: What is ADHD?
Knowing the info about ADHD — how symptoms present in youngsters, how signs found in adults, and the best remedy approaches for every — is key to managing the condition. Knowledge is thought to be the bedrock of a just right remedy plan.
Educating yourself and your family about ADHD is tougher than you would possibly think. Most physicians receive little coaching in ADHD throughout medical college. Often, they do an insufficient activity of explaining what ADHD is, how to deal with it, and how to live effectively with it. This webinar will fill in the ones holes — and get you off to a really perfect start in understanding ADHD and how best possible to manage the situation in children and adults.
In this webinar you will be informed from Dr. William W. Dodson about:
- The positives and negatives of having an ADHD frightened system
- The key elements of a just right, thorough ADHD evaluation
- The formal diagnostic standards for ADHD — and what ADHD looks like at different phases of the lifestyles cycle
- Signs that point out a person may have ADHD
- How to discover a competent and keen clinician to assist in making the diagnosis and start a treatment plan
- How co-existing prerequisites complicate the analysis and treatment of ADHD
Watch the Video Replay
Enter your electronic mail cope with in the box above labeled “Video Replay + Slide Access” to watch the video replay (closed captions to be had) and download the slide presentation.
Download or Stream the Podcast Audio
Click the play button beneath to pay attention to this episode at once in your browser, click on the image to obtain to pay attention later, or open for your podcasts app: Apple Podcasts; Google Podcasts; Stitcher; Spotify; iHeartRADIO.
Read More on ADHD Diagnosis
Obtain a Certificate of Attendance
If you attended the are living webinar on November 13, 2019, watched the video replay, or listened to the podcast, you would possibly get a certificates of attendance option. Note: ADDitude does now not be offering CEU credit. Click here to get the certificate of attendance option »
Meet the Expert Speaker
Dr. William W. Dodson is a board-certified adult psychiatrist who has specialised in adults with ADHD for the closing 25 years. He was once named a Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association in reputation of his medical contributions to the sector of ADHD (2012). He was recipient of the Maxwell Schleifer Award for Distinguished Service to Persons with Disabilities (2006). Dr. Dodson has a consultative apply in Greenwood Village, Colorado, and is a member of ADDitude’s ADHD Medical Review Panel. | See expert’s full bio »
- “The breakdown of the college age characteristics is helping so much to inform teachers who are fast to refer to youngsters for SPED trying out.”
- “One of essentially the most informative seminars as I’ve ever heard. It was once as though he was once speaking immediately to me and I were given all of it. This doctor in point of fact, actually cares.”
- “Great insight, very instructional research supported with clinical lens.”
- “Fantastic! I at all times doubt my prognosis however then once I listen to a professional giving their descriptions of the indications it’s very reassuring of my diagnosis. Thank you.”
Video Replay + Slide Access
Enter your e-mail address below to watch the video replay and obtain the slide presentation, plus get strategies from ADDitude by means of email.